We encourage you to consider the many advantages to choosing German as a second language for yourself and your children:
- German is the most widely spoken language in the European Union.
- German is the second most commonly used scientific language worldwide.
- German is the third most published language internationally.
- Germany is the largest economy in Europe and the third largest worldwide.
- Multilingual students are shown to have higher academic achievement.
- A second language is a strong asset during college admissions.
- German and English are closely related languages, making German easy to learn.
- An Economist study of foreign language learners found that German speakers will experience the biggest boost in lifetime earnings.
Additional reasons to choose German can be found here.
There are other benefits to learning a second language including:
- Improved student performance on standardized tests
- Better multitasking skills
- Resistance to Alzheimers and dementia for older adults
- Improvements in memory
- Improvements in perception
- Better decision making skills
- Improvements to your native language skills
More information on these benefits can be found here.