We encourage you to consider the many advantages to choosing German as a second language for yourself and your children:
- German is the most widely spoken language in the European Union.
- German is the second most commonly used scientific language worldwide.
- German is the third most published language internationally.
- Germany is the largest economy in Europe and the third largest worldwide.
- Multilingual students are shown to have higher academic achievement.
- A second language is a strong asset during college admissions.
- German and English are closely related languages, making German easy to learn.
Additional reasons to choose German can be found here.
There are other benefits to learning a second language including:
- Improved student performance on standardized tests
- Better multitasking skills
- Resistance to Alzheimers and dementia for older adults
- Improvements in memory
- Improvements in perception
- Better decision making skills
- Improvements to your native language skills
More information on these benefits can be found here.