The German Heritage Council of New Jersey is offering several scholarships for 2017 in amounts ranging from $500 – $1000. A special scholarship, honoring the former chairman Ted Hierl, will be awarded to an exceptionally qualified candidate in the amount of $1000 or greater.
The applicant must:
- Be a New Jersey high school senior.
- Either have a parent or grandparent of German heritage, who is currently a member of a German Club/organization, or have taken German classes.
- Fill out the entire application.
- Send in an official transcript from the attended high school and include a list of activities.
- Write a one-page essay in either English or German on:
“What My German Heritage Means to Me”
“Why I Was Interested in Learning the German Language”
The application and all supporting materials must be postmarked no later than June 15, 2017 and addressed to: German Heritage Council of New Jersey, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 36 Kay Road, Yardville, NJ 08620.
Additional information on applying for the scholarships and the application form can be found at www.ghf-nj.org.